Love Ravioli? Now understanding how versatile it is to make? Here is another quick filling recipe for your archives.
If also making the dough from scratch, head over HERE to take a crack at the ravioli dough!
- 2 links of sausage of choice, without casing (hot, sweet…beef, chicken, turkey or pork) OR 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cups of chopped spinach (preferably fresh)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- (OPTIONAL: 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes)
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan reggiano
- 2 large eggs
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and oregano (and red pepper flakes if you are using) and sauté 1 minute
- Add in sausage and cook until just starting to brown, breaking up links into smaller pieces
- Add in spinach, cup by cup and continue to sauté until meat is cooked through.
- Add in salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Cool fully.
- This step is important, you will need to make sure your sausage is broken down into very small pieces. I missed this step my first time making…. and my ravs were lumpy because of it! Easy fix though – You can either turn out onto a board and chop/mince the mixture to a finer texture, or give a few pulses in the food processor (I just use a board… easier to clean!)
- Place meat/spinach mixture into large bowl and add ricotta, parm and eggs. Mix together thoroughly.
- Use immediately, or store in fridge to be used within 24-28 hours.