Decadent and rich, this filling is amazing in ravioli and also as a layer in a veggie lasagna! Enjoy!
Head over HERE to take a crack at the ravioli dough. Everything tastes better homemade 🙂
3 packages of mushrooms (your choice… total weight should be approx 20oz)
8-10 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup whole milk ricotta
1/2 cup grated parmesan reggiano
3-4 tbsp of fresh stripped thyme
1 tbsp fresh snipped chives
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add oil to a large/deep skillet and heat pan to medium.
- Add in garlic and sauté for a minute before adding in the thyme, salt, pepper, mushrooms and wine.
- Continue to sauté until all liquid is gone.
- Remove from heat and let cool
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta and parmesan. Fold in mushroom mixture, fresh chives and adjust salt/pepper to taste.
- Use right away or place in an airtight container to be used 3-4 days. (no egg means longer container life!)
I love this filling. It is simple and can make a simple veggie meal STUNNING.
Boiling the raviolis until floating, then adding to a pan with brown butter and crispy sage leaves? Plating and topping with a quick sprinkle of truffle salt?
Pair with a solid red and a small side salad?
Sounds like a perfect dinner to me!