Well folks, after creating content, researching and studying for the last 8 months… I made a few decisions about my goals:
- I can’t do it all within the timeframes I set.
- Stretching myself thin does NOT set me up to be the best I can be for my family, so I need to be patient and be ok with being uncomfortable.
- I CAN have a list and lots of things being worked on at once, though.
- BUUUUUT… I have to be able to keep people up to date on them.
SO, enter the site revamp and content re-organization!
My goal is to clarify the site navigation and get the right content to you all in the simplest manner. More diverse doesn’t need to mean more complicated!
You can still find the BLOG, THE GARDEN, RECIPES and CONTACT in the menu. Our PRODUCT pages have been put on hold for a few months and DBF Brew Co. is on hold indefinitely until the toddler gives me and hubs some dang TIME to brew some beer! LOL.
Once I get further along, there will be a new page titled MINDFULNESS added, which will link directly to my YouTube channel. I would like to have more than one episode up before marketing it so it is taking a bit longer than expected!
The big change is the addition of a PROJECT UPDATES page, which will keep you posted on the things that I am working on with:
- the Farm
- the Family
- the potential Game Changers and
- the Community
Long story short, as a creator there is a TON I want to accomplish now that I am working for myself and my family. I would LOVE for you to follow along (but I also need you not to get lost or overwhelmed LOL)
A sneak peak at the projects are:
- writing 2 books (on topics I am passionate about – growing things and being mindful.)
- creating something exciting with a long-time friend/colleague that is SORELY missing from my old industry.
- creating a non-profit to help lessen the impact of food scarcity and the high costs associated with eating ‘well’.
- attacking the in-home projects put on hold recently (main bedroom, kitchen, home office, and theater.)
- improving my own skills in woodworking and building/repairing around the farm.
I hope to be able to post a project update overview 2 times a month. These won’t be overly detailed, but will keep you up to date on progress (e.g. ‘halfway thru my manuscript for book #1 and here’s what I am running into…’, etc…)
As this will also be a category, any posts that are relevant to a certain project will also show up on the page feed, in case you are looking for more detail and info on what I am working on!
Yeah, lots of irons in the fire, folks! Part of this is thanks to some amazing books and courses I have been digging into lately. Honestly, these books and courses have me completely re-thinking my approach and changing A LOT to be more successful at:
- crafting content that is discoverable and unique
- creating products that resonate with an audience deeply and
- diversifying my channels for potential passive income
I am SOOOOO far away from where I was when in January I decided to charge ahead with this! Like, light years away.
It’s been exciting so far to see the site evolve over the last 8 months. I can’t wait to see where it is by the end of the year!
One guarantee? I’ll learn a LOT along the way and laugh (quite a bit) as I navigate my stumbles.
Why not join me in all the fun of watching me build a brand across multiple channels??
Click follow to stay up to date, or SHARE this with those who might be interested in the journey.